Who We Are
Women’s Innovative Social Enterprise (WISE) Partnership is a 501 c 3 nonprofit. Better known as W.I.S.E. Partnership, we are a collaborative partnership of Detroit social entrepreneurs and non-profit leaders. We provide a level of legacy development that maintains holistic development, environmental sustainability, food insecurity solutions, workforce training and development, youth development and literacy support together in one contemplative green space. Our services go into the community to help residents with the upkeep of their properties and support the general wellbeing with community engagement programs.
W.I.S.E. Partnership began as Central Woodward Community Partnership (CWCP) when Barbara Kellom invited a few friends and associates to a Zoom meeting to discuss the development and subsequent community use for disinvested land owned by a church. That development would include programming and resources specifically for the community. Sharing her thoughts with her neighbor, Audra Carson who was already a community advocate and social entrepreneur, the two further developed the concept, crafted a mission and Audra joined the team. The mission and vision soon grew beyond the parking lot in the original plans. Lacetia Walker, and Monife Knuth joined the founding members, Angelika Jones, Olwyn Shirley, Brittni Kellom, Audra Carson, and Barbara Kellom. It was apparent that the skills, professions and leadership would bring not only talent and development to Detroit communities, but wisdom. The Black-women led development nonprofit changed their name to Women’s Innovative Social Enterprise Partnership at the end of 2022 to better define who they were
A community where native residents are equipped with the resources, knowledge and capability to thrive and help others to do so.
W.I.S.E. Partnership values the quality of life of all people. Our development values:
- Social Justice
- Elders & Youth
- Women’s Rights
- Community Building
OUR VALUED BASED GOALS
- The WISE Partnership speaks out when there are injustices towards the residents of Detroit.
- The WISE Partnership seeks to bring a robust and sustainable interconnecting community to Detroit.
- The WISE Partnership gives residents a safe place to gather.
- The WISE Partnership respects the uniqueness and diversity that exists in the Detroit community.
- The WISE Partnership believes in resolving racial inequities within our community.
- The WISE Partnership seeks to empower Black and Brown people and provide opportunities for generations to learn from each other.
- The WISE Partnership is non-judgmental about people’s past but seeks to provide opportunities to improve their future.
- The WISE Partnership is driven by the need to improve urban communities throughout Detroit.
- The WISE Partnership is non-political and non-profit but upholds the laws and advocates against discrimination, violence, or abuse of any kind.
- The WISE Partnership believes in opening opportunities and possibilities for all members of the community.
- The WISE Partnership believes in helping people in communities to live lives that are free from economic, health, racial, and emotional barriers.
- To achieve intergenerational programming.
- To achieve climate resiliency.
- To achieve a culturally communal landscape.
- To create contemplative green spaces for residents.
- To create workforce development opportunities for returned citizens.
- To create space for forestry and urban farming.
- To achieve environmentally sustainable connecting neighborhoods.
- To achieve financial, housing and resource fluency for the community and legacy residents.